I'm quite addicted following links to other blogs and delighted that I can now play along with these little blog games. Today I found this little contest on Princess Knits that I couldn't resist.
1. Favorite fall book to read The Encyclopedia of Country Living by Carla Emery. You could live totally off the grid and this book would tell you everything you need to know from birthing human babies to slaughtering pigs to making green tomato jam. A great read for cold, rainy nights.
2. Favorite fall soup to eat Black Bean. Chop up an onion and saute in olive oil. add a couple cloves of chopped garlic, 3 T of chile powder, 1 T of cumin and 1/4 t of cayenne and saute for 30 seconds. Add 2 cans of black beans drained and rinsed and 5 cups of water (more or less) and 5 T of veggie broth powder. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20 minutes. use immersion blender to roughly puree soup. add some fresh cilantro if you have it. yummy. a wholesome standby.
3. Favorite fall stew to eat i don't really eat stew because i'm a vegetarian and i haven't yet come across a veggie stew recipe that i find particularly appealing.
4. favorite healthy muffin recipe banana chocolate chip muffins. make muffins, add bananas and chocolate chips. those things will power you through any athletic endeavor.
5. favorite fall tree the Larch. the only coniferous tree to lose it's needles in fall.
6. favorite fall knit i've only been knitting for a year, but when fall comes around i think about knitting up a pair of for K. to keep his little legs warm in the winter.