Friday, May 4

local yarn shop shout-out

On Wednesday I found myself in Montpelier with Keiran and a little time on our hands. He had just put in an amazing performance at the dentist. Honestly, he should win an oscar for "best impersonation of a good, non-wiggly little boy" for his behavior there. So I decided to try a visit to the local yarn store, The Knitting Studio. I have to give them a huge thumbs up. The woman was happy to see us, very welcoming and friendly. They have a big bin of toy cars for the little guy and he plunked down and ate his snack and happily played cars for 30 minutes while i went around and petted the yarn. A few other customers came in, also very nice and in the end it was a great experience, even with my three year old.

Though I'm trying to dutifully knit through my stash, I couldn't leave without a little something so I picked up a little sock yarn. Hopefully this will work for Clessidra, but even if no I'm sure I can find a use for it.The Child's Placket-neck Pullover is coming along slowly. It's all baseball knitting a little bit at the end of the night. So slowly it will come together. K. misplaced his handknit brown tunic sweater at preschool today. We searched the room and the playground and couldn't turn it up, but hopefully the teachers will be able to find it. I'd hate to see all that gorgeous brown organic wool go missing.

3 comments:

Pippi said...

I love the knitting studio to bits!! The fact that they have a pile of toys says so much about them!
They have a great knit night on Tuesday, too!

yarnmaniac said...

I am tagging you for a meme, if you would like to play. Check out my blog for the rules.

Unknown said...

I really like your writing style. Such a nice Post, Can’t wait for the next one.

HP - 15.6" Laptop - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black Licorice (2c20nr)

HP - ENVY 17.3" Laptop - 8GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Natural Silver