From here and here. I've been reading everyone's responses and thought it be a good blog post. I've been meaning to post pictures of our muddy christmas tree hunt, but just can't get excited about a mud christmas.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate. but not the Swiss Miss stuff, it would have to be good, quality cocoa.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? definitely wrap. recycled wrappings are best though.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? all white this year. though there aren't any hard and fast rules.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? about a week before the weekend before christmas. we don't have a lot of decorations, or a lot of room to decorate so it's best to wait.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? cookies probably.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? waking up early on christmas morning and going downstairs to put on Christmas music (we had quite a collection of Mormon Tabernacle Choir albums) in an attempt to rouse my mother and brother.
8 . When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? can't recall, but i stayed up to listen one night when my dad was still living with us, and that must have been 6 years old. and i think i figured it out around then.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sometimes. although now with K. I think we'll stop that until he doesn't believe in Santa anymore.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? a mish-mash of ornaments. lots of homemade.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? love it. where is it? we're waiting. VT is supposed to have snow at this time of year.
12. Can you ice skate? sure can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? the boombox cassette player that I got in jr. high probably.
14. What's your favorite thing about the holidays? lights and decorations.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? cookies probably.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? watching Christmas Vacation on thanksgiving night. and getting the tree.
17. What tops your tree? Usually nothing. this year we made the Moravian Star work.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? giving. i wish i had more time to do it right.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? i can't pick just one.
20. Candy canes yuck or yum? yum. in moderation.
21. What's number one on your Christmas list this year? hah. really, all i want this year is for the bike biz to be a success.