Tuesday, October 23

knitting on the road

This past weekend found us on the road to visit with my folks in PA. As it's a seven hour drive and I knew that this time I wouldn't be the principle driver, I brought what I thought was a considerable amount of knitting to bide the time.
My 'so cool it's still secret' project and the second sock of the jaywalker series are what's filling the French Market Bag. Should have been plenty to keep me busy, but i was so productive that I ran out of yarn for the secret project by the end of the journey down. AND THEN, I discovered that despite repeated preparations I had forgotten the sock dpns. and there are no yarn or craft stores within Sunday panic distance from my folks.

so for the entire ride back to VT, I basically had to sit on my hands. what do you do in a car if you can't knit?

5 comments:

Monica said...

If I can't knit in the car, I irritate the shit out of my husband instead. :-)

Anonymous said...

Mandy - there is a great yarn store on main st. in bethlehem if you're ever in a bind again.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I'm sorry that your knitting didn't last out the journey. And those pesky dpns decided to stay home, did they? shame on them.

I usually look out the windows when DH is driving and listen to the CDs. I get car sick even from reading maps.

Unknown said...

Dsquared I have really enjoyied reading your well written article. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! · sfjoxiaujld Dsquared *

2011bagnews said...

Chanel can be a renowned cheap replica coach bags brand rtxycxy0ns name of Paris founded by Coco Chanel in 1971 and given that its inception replica Gucci purses this brand name has become treasured among the greater strata of culture and among the top style creating house. replica Gucci handbags This brand name is renowned for providing intercontinental school of handbags and purses which have been elegantly developed to encounter the expectations belonging replica Chanel handbags to the elite school of women. Chanel handbags and purses are recognized globally for their chic and timeless elegance. This Chanel handbags and purses replica Coach wallets stay dreams for various girls on account of its substantial price. There are very big sections of girls who are unable to afford this bag and consistently start looking for much better alternatives. Using the coming of replicas handbags of nearly all of the renowned brands, replica Coach handbags very a big part of girls looks to get fulfilled as they are able to at the least fulfill their wish to very an extent.